Test Sidebar Widget

Gaming: Creator Commentary

Friday, June 17, 2011

For anyone who doesn't know, my dream is to create video games for a living. In this, I love hearing the ins and outs of game creation. After beating portal 2, I went back and replayed the first one, and then again with commentary on. Doing this, I learned a TON of things about game design, and the way you need to think as a game designer. It even shows how little you need in a game to manipulate someone in to doing what you want. Shape something a tad bit differently to draw attention to it. Put moving objects somewhere that you need a player to look. If they're associating something incorrectly, force them to use it in a different manner. I only wish we could get more developer commentary in games.

5 comments:

Dunriel Galathados said...

I agree with you. Remember that being a designer is not only about that, you also need to be creative!.

Apple said...

I agree, we need more commentaries.

Tabasco1 said...

ive been wanting to go through it with commentaries but when i tried was with my girlfriend and we got a bit bored..well she did after a while

Christian said...

Commentaries are good for everything really, movies shows and games. Really helps an aspiring "x" to do what he/she has set out to do.

Alnair said...

Many Game Design books are written like Portal 2 Commentary.

Post a Comment